What Is the Best Alternative for Porcelain Veneers?
- Dental veneers made from porcelain are excellent solutions to hide chipped, broken, cracked, discolored, and misshapen teeth in the aesthetic zone of your mouth. Porcelain veneers are merely an aesthetic solution to hide the dental flaws affecting you and are not a treatment for any dental condition. However, they are an excellent solution if you are looking for the Hollywood smile to flash your pearly whites to everyone around you by having them over your front teeth.
How Do Porcelain Veneers Function?
Porcelain veneers function by concealing your dental flaws because the surfaces are bonded to the front surfaces of your top front eight teeth. The porcelain surfaces are custom-created for you by a dental lab after they receive impressions of your teeth. You can have one veneer on a discolored or damaged tooth or prefer to have these surfaces over all your front teeth.
If you desire them over your teeth, you must schedule two to three opponents with dental veneers in Overland Park, KS. You must also endure tooth preparation by undergoing the enamel removal process past the dentin to accommodate the porcelain surface. The process is irreversible, making it necessary for you to have the porcelain surfaces over your teeth for your life. You must also endure temporary veneers over your teeth until the dental lab returns your permanent surfaces.
During your final visit to the dentist near you for veneer placement, the professional begins the procedure by removing the temporary veneers before placing the permanent surfaces on your teeth, permanently bonding them in place.
Dental Veneers Drawbacks
- Porcelain veneers are unsuitable for badly failing teeth, where dental crowns are better suited for such situations.
- The enamel removal procedure is reversible because the enamel cannot regenerate. The process leaves your tooth sensitive to hot and cold temperatures.
- Porcelain veneers have a shorter lifespan than dental restorations like bridges and dental crowns.
- The porcelain surfaces can chip or crack due to detrimental mouth-related habits.
- Porcelain dental veneers are expensive and can set you back by over $ 2000 per tooth.
Affordable Alternative to Veneers
If the drawbacks of dental veneers deter you from having them, you can consider affordable alternatives to veneers also available with the Overland Park dentist. In addition, if you don’t want to alter your tooth structure permanently, you can consider dental bonding appropriate for restoring minor damages to your teeth and getting the treatment in one visit to the dentist’s office.
Dental bonding doesn’t require any enamel removal or anesthesia because the composite resin material is applied over your tooth and hardened to restore its shape, color, and appearance. Dental bonding isn’t as expensive as porcelain veneers or any other treatment like crowns or bridges but can restore the appearance of your smile in one visit to the dentist. The material used for bonding your teeth is similar to what the pediatric dentist in Overland Park uses to fill cavities in children’s teeth. You can rest assured the painless and comfortable treatment will restore the minor chips and cracks in your teeth, making it possible for you to display your smile again without hesitation.
Why Not Try Immediate Veneers to Improve the Appearance of Your Teeth
Suppose chips and cracks are affecting your smile, but you cannot afford the expensive porcelain veneers. Why not consider getting immediate veneers over your teeth using the same bonding material used when providing affordable alternatives to porcelain veneers? Leaving the chips and cracks without treatment will encourage the bacteria in your mouth to penetrate your teeth and create havoc from within to make you need treatment from the emergency dentist in Overland Park. Instead of exposing yourself to unnecessary expensive therapies, why not consider getting immediate veneers to safeguard yourself from the problem? We are confident you will consider our suggestion with the seriousness it deserves.
Not everyone can afford porcelain veneers because of their high prices and the tooth structure removal procedure essential before having them. However, you can undoubtedly consider other options suitable as alternatives for porcelain veneers helpful to hide your dental flaws and restore the appearance of your smile. In addition, remedies like teeth whitening, dental bonding, dental crowns, and orthodontic treatments also help to correct dental imperfections to give you a smile you become proud to show off.